Avast Security free edition provides solid protection against Malware, Malicious websites and vulnerable Wi-Fi networks. But many users recently reported that the Avast Security app tends to get their Mac messed up and running sluggish. If you have met the similar problem, and want to find a way to quit Avast Security, this article will show you how to uninstall Avast Security from your Mac quickly and completely.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Avast Security on Mac
The reason you need to follow a professional guide to uninstall Avast Security from your Mac is that you cannot do this by simply dragging it to Trash. Before starting, you need Avast Security for Mac setup file (click to download) to have a clean uninstall. Here are the detailed steps.
- Step 1: Download the Avast Security for Mac setup file and after that, Double-click the downloaded setup file and you’ll see:
- Step 2: Select Uninstall Avast > Click Uninstall:
- Step 3: Check if you also want to uninstall Avast related products and Click Continue to start uninstalling Avast Security from your Mac.
- Step 4: After few seconds, the uninstallation is complete and Avast Security is removed from your Mac.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Avast Security on Mac Manually
Even you’ve followed all steps above to uninstall Avast Security on your Mac, you may still have some kinds of Avast Security uninstalling problems (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac). For example:
- Avast Security for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Avast Security for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Avast Security on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work. Any false operations, mistake deletions will bring troubles.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Avast Security on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
Omni Remover 2 is a professional macOS App Uninstaller utility. The most distinct advantage of Omni Remover 2 is for its full ability to get rid of all app leftover files after removing Avast Security on your Mac. Follow steps below to learn how to uninstall Avast Security on Mac with Omni Remover 2.
Avast Security for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Avast Security and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Avast Security, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Avast Security and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Avast Security from your Mac with our methods above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: