In June 2013, with the introduction of a new branding named Creative Cloud, Photoshop’s suffix renamed from CS to CC. If you installed Photoshop CC on your Mac, it was bundled with additional software such as Adobe ImageReady, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Device Central and Adobe Camera RAW.
Either you may have a new, light and delicate Photoshop CC alternative photo editor tool, or you just have too many fonts, plugins and want to have a clean reinstall of Photoshop CC, you can follow this article to learn how to uninstall Photoshop CC from your Mac.
Part 1: How To Manually Uninstall Photoshop CC on Mac
The first thing you need to keep in mind is that you cannot uninstall Photoshop on Mac by dragging the app files and folders to the Trash or Recycle Bin, as they will not uninstall Photoshop CC properly. All applications packed in Photoshop CC should be removed by using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. Here are the detailed steps.
- Step 1: Open the Creative Cloud desktop app by clicking the Creative Cloud icon menu bar (Mac OS).
- Step 2: Click the Apps tab to display a list of installed apps, which will include Photoshop CC.
- Step 3: Find Photoshop CC that you want to uninstall from your Mac. Then, click the arrow next to Open or Update. In the list that appears, choose Uninstall.
Part 2: Common Problems of Uninstalling Photoshop CC on Mac Manually
Even you’ve followed all steps above to uninstall Photoshop CC on your Mac, you may still have some kinds of Photoshop CC uninstalling problems (Learn How To Completely Uninstall Programs on Mac). For example:
- Adobe Photoshop CC for Mac cannot be removed from Launchpad.
- Data / Files / Shortcuts / Icon that is related to Photoshop CC for Mac have been found in the later use on your Mac.
- The manual removal of Photoshop CC on Mac requires advanced knowledge about how macOS file system and Terminal work. Otherwise, any false operations, mistake deletions will bring troubles.
Part 3: How To Completely Uninstall Photoshop CC on Mac [Time-Saving Method]
As you may know, most macOS applications run maintenance support scripts, generate running log, and store cache data at predefined intervals. Especially if you use Photoshop CC way heavy and intense, these intervals might eat up your confined storage even you have uninstalled it.
Omni Remover 2 is free but professional Mac App Uninstaller software made to help you completely uninstall Photoshop CC for Mac. It will save you a large amount of time by automatically scanning Photoshop CC for Mac leftovers, remaining caches, orphaned or corrupt junks, so as to give you complete Photoshop CC for Mac Uninstalling solution. Follow steps below to get it done shortly.
Photoshop CC for Mac Uninstalling Steps:
- Step 1: Download and install Omni Remover 2 on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover 2:
- Step 2: App Uninstall tab > find Photoshop CC and click the Scan To Uninstall button:
- Step 3: After Omni Remover 2 finished scanning Photoshop CC, it will show you all associated files like app binary file, saved status, app support file, preferences, caches, etc.
- Click Clean Uninstall to start removing Photoshop CC and related app files from your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Have you successfully uninstalled Photoshop CC from your Mac with our methods above? If yes, feel free to share Omni Remover 2 with your friends. Except these basic Mac app uninstalling abilities, Omni Remover 2 can also thoroughly clean up app junks on your Mac. Give it a try here: